Thursday, August 30, 2007

Having Fun

I spend my day in a cubical. For almost 12 hours a day, the computer blaring in my face, my finger pounding the keyboard buttons, I type sales messages. And, presume that they actually lure somebody to that effect. My compatriots do the same. But I often wonder what drives them.

But all-in-all we have fun, usually we pretend to. Often we do so to kill the stress. Before it kills us. Close deadlines, high expectations, workplace bureaucracy and a lot more remains a part of the under current. 'I want a sexy headline', I often hear the servicing team demand after a briefing, which usually is, 'I want a sexy headline'.

I am not a pessimist. Trust me, I love my job. But I would love it more if wasn't asked to meet outlandish expectations.

Organisations slyly disregard the existence of underlying politics. 'A politics-free environment', they often describe it in their recruitment ads. And, while they say so they are busy bad-mouthing and screwing someone’s happiness. An ugly bunch of sell-outs (me included).

Wonder why I'm still on the job. Simply because they're keeping me... ;)

1 comment:

workhard said...

Hey.. ur posts are kinda honest. like them.. will return to read the rest later..

Web hosting india